Friday, September 18, 2009

What Matters?

Although there are many things that matter in life there are few things that are important to me. The most important things that matter to me are my mom, my friends, and music.
My mom is the most important person in my life. Not many people know this, but my mom has a very rare disease called chiari (kee-ar-ee). It’s a disease where your brain moves backwards and your cerebellum tonsils block your spinal fluid. It could be deadly but the surgery costs $100,000 that could help save her life. It’s most predominant in women. Although you have to be born with it, most people who have it find out later in life. She also has graves disease which is an auto-immune deficiency. Even though she is sick and in pain every day, she till pushes herself to make sure our family has what me need. I think if she weren’t here my family would fall apart and go crazy.
My friends help me forget about the reality of life and get through the day. Some of my friends know about my mom’s illnesses and my life at home. They’re always cracking jokes and setting my mind on other things than my mom and how she’s doing. I think sometimes we all forget what’s really happening around us.
To me the escape of everything is music. I listen to a lot of hip-hop, rap, R&B, and alternative punk. There are a lot of songs that I can relate to. I also listen to some soul and country. I love to break dance so music has an influence on my dancing. I would love to become a D.J. some day. Music allows me to relax. When you have 5 brothers and 1 sister, music comes in handy.
My mom, my friends, and music are very important to me and have a very big influence on me. They help me get through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment